Not sure what gift to buy for that up and coming baby shower? The perfect gift to give at any baby shower is the baby diaper cake. Not only are they perfectly practical, adorably unique but also absolutely unforgetable.
Not sure what a baby diaper cake is? It is a cake, well it is a bunch of diapers that has been made into the shape of a cake. They can also be decorated with a number of gifts for the new baby and mom-to-be changing from baby bottles, bibs, baby shampoo, rattles to plush toys. Not only do they make a great gift but they also make a stunning show piece and will defiantly be a topic of conversation.
You have two options you can either buy one as there are many specialty stores on and off line or if you have a creative side you could make your own for the big event.
Below are 6 steps to making your very own baby diaper cake:
1. The first step is of course is you need to prepare all the items required for making the baby diaper cake.
Items like 50 or so diapers, 50 or so rubber bands, ribbon (I like to use 2 different sizes one around .5cm wide for tying around each individual diaper and another 3-4cm wide to put around each layer of the diaper cake) cake plate, double sided tape, paper towel cardboard funnel (this is used to hold the cake together by placing it in the middle and adding diapers around it alternately you could use baby bottle) and finally whatever you have decide on to decorate the cake with eg baby towel, baby lotions, toys, baby spoons etc.
2. Roll the diapers, starting with the folded portion. Then place the rubber band around the diaper. Cover each rubber band with ribbon.
3. On the cake plate, stack the diapers around the paper towel cardboard funnel. The other option is to use a baby bottle a nice touch is to fill the baby bottle with lollies as this will make a nice surprise to find later on. Secure with ribbon.
4. Secure second and third stack of diapers (for second layer, secure two deep, for third layer, secure one circle of diapers).
5. You can wrap tulle around layers for extra decoration.
6. Decorate with your baby items.
Good luck, let your creativity shine and most importantly have fun!
I'm sure the guest of honor will love and appreciate all the time you have taken to make her such a lovely gift.